Programming is the cornerstone of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. Our objectives and aims are to:
- Create a medium of contact for children which will stimulate growth and development.
- Provide children with constructive programming.
- To aid mothers in learning more about their children by careful study.
- To seek for all children the same advantages which we designer for our own.
- To support all national legislation aimed at bettering the conditions of all children.
The Milwaukee Chapter programming includes activities that expose the children to a variety of experiences in and around the Milwaukee metropolitan area. Such experiences serve to bolster the enrichment we desire and provide for our children.
Our chapter is organized into six groups based on grade levels. Age-appropriate activities are planned by the member mothers and usually focus on the following themes:
Recent activities have included:
- Let’s Grow Together – Children purchased much needed gardening equipment for Alice’s Garden, an urban community garden located in the heart of Milwaukee. The children also served this agency by preparing gardens for a couple of families.
- Cost of Living – Children participated in a financial management workshop sponsored by Junior Achievement, as an aspect of our educational and leadership agendas.
- Election Jeopardy! – For legislative programming , children were tested on their knowledge of the 2012 Presidential Candidates and the election process.
- Holiday Gift Donation –Our children wrapped gifts for a service project and provided them to sickle cell patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
- Roller Skating and Monkey Joe’s Outing – provided forums for children from multiple groups to come together for casual fun and recreation.
- Aurora Sinai Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Touching on aspects of health and service, our teens learned about the importance of proper pre-natal care and our cities challenges with teen pregnancy.
Our chapter programming also includes all-family activities such as National Jack and Jill Day in September, National Day of Service in January, National Black Family Day in May, and other regional and national activities and initiatives.
Contact us for more detail on programming including our National brochure, We Are Jack and Jill of America, Incorporated.